offers a wide variety of gas springs
to permit manually opened or operated devices—large and small
alike—to operate safely. Help your customers improve the operational
life of their machinery while avoiding potential injury to themselves.
Magnus’ gas springs reduce wear and tear, are cost-effective
and improve performance for any application involving the positioning
of moving parts.
The use of gas springs in a rapidly expanding universe of applications
has come about because gas springs are available in more compact
designs and they afford a high level of operating convenience and
safety during use. Fortunately, you’re not on your own. Magnus
can provide you with extensive technical, design and installation
support for many applications. The vast know-how of our application
consultants and technicians coupled with our highly efficient installation
proposal programs and practical arrangements, ensure the best gas
How Gas Springs Work
gas is sealed in a roll-closed cylinder at specific pressure to
provide output force.
- Oil is metered through labyrinth piston to provide smooth, controlled
- End fittings on tubes and rod permit easy attachment to your
- Some gas springs offer locking options.
- Magnus has cables and actuators to provide "one source"
- Deli case glass, displays, food processing equipment.
- Keyboard positioning and student desk lids.
- Positioning for hospital beds.
- Fitness equipment adjustments.
- Automotive, recreational, agricultural, construction vehicle,
aircraft, and related accessories.
- Ergonomic office accessories and work stations.
- Medical and diagnostic apparatus, exam and birthing tables,
hospital beds, stretchers, wheelchairs, and emergency equipment.
- Your next project!
How Gas Springs Add Value
- Improves performance and ergonomics.
- Enhances safety. Controls opening and closing speeds.
- Designed to last the lifetime of most products.
- Totally self contained. Clean. Maintenance free.
- Manufactured in ISO9001 certified facility - Quality guaranteed.
- Cost effective answer to positioning moving parts.
- Lifts and compensates for weight.
- Infinite adjustment positions.
Many pieces of equipment or apparatuses have moving components
that operate manually, rather than with the help of a motor or other
mechanical aid. Without some sort of controlled operation provided
by gas springs, damage could result not only to the equipment, but
the person operating it. Today, gas springs have become a natural
design element, which is employed wherever assistance in lifting,
lowering, moving or adjusting is needed.
Gas springs are the cost-effective answer to positioning moving
parts. They improve the performance and ergonomic character of a
device, while enhancing safety through controlled opening and closing
speeds. Designed to last the lifetime of most products, they are
self-contained, clean and maintenance-free. Put them to work in
a variety of environments and applications, including food processing
equipment, automotive, medical and diagnostic apparatus, fitness
equipment and business machinery.